- Within a webpage you can put a link to another webpage or web site
- When creating a link you will need to select whether the link is an Internal or External link
- links to documents within your cascade directory
- links to documents not in your cascade directory
Inserting an Internal Hyperlink:
- Highlight the text or select the image that you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Click the “Insert/edit link” button in the WYSISYG toolbar.
- A new window will open
- The Internal box is checked by default
- Click on Choose File, Page, or Link
- the choose window will open on the right side of our screen
- you can use the Recent or Browse links to find the file you want to link to
- click on the filename to select it
- Press the blue Choose button on the upper right of the screen
- Press the OK button on the Insert/Edit box
Inserting an External Hyperlink:
- Highlight the text that you want to turn use as a hyperlink.
- Click the “Insert/edit link” button.
- A new window will open.
- Check the “External” checkbox.
note: ignore the blue highlight around internal
- Type or paste the URL you want to link to into the “Link” field.
- remember to include http://
- Click on OK
Removing a Hyperlink
To remove a hyperlink, click the button next to the “insert/edit link” icon. In the toolbar above, it is to the right of the highlighted icon and looks like a broken chain.