You have control over the order in which items appear in the navigation.
To reorder the navigation:
- Click on the folder that you want to reorder by clicking the small arrow on the right
- if it is the main navigation click on the base folder at the top (the site name folder)
- You will see a list of the folder’s assets
- The order in which items appear in the navigation is determined by the “order” number that is associated with the page/folder.
- In the image, we see all the order numbers scattered. Begin by clicking on the word “Order” to get all the pages in numerical order.
- Click on the page or folder you wish to re-order. We see that the selected page is indexed to be number 29 in the navigation. To make this appear higher/lower in the navigation, click the up/down arrow buttons shown at the top of the page after the page is selected and move the page accordingly.
This button jumps the item all the way to the top of the list.
The up arrow moves the item up one placement.
The down arrow moves the item down one placement.
This button jumps the item all the way to the bottom of the list.
- You can also drag and drop the item where you want it to be listed.
To make things appear nested in the navigation, simply put those pages in a folder and select “include when indexing” from the configuration tab.